Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

No - Bake Banana Split Dessert
















So today's recipe is the whole start or creation around banana split week. I saw this recipe around Easter and it has been the in the back of my mind ever since. Trust me it did not disappoint. I made this recipe when Jim was not home. So basically this means I made it secretly with the music blaring in the kitchen. Do you listen to music when you bake? I love it...

When I said I had dessert for dinner Jim wasn't overly surprised. I mean hello people I run a baking blog. He would probably be more surprised if I said I didn't have any dessert. I pulled this out and was like Surprise.. next week is banana split week and he was surprised! The look on his face was priceless. I love surprises especially good ones like banana split desserts :)

















So we are going to the local county fair tonight. My nieces show rabbits, chickens and do a few of the crafts. Evidently this year they did a scarecrow that looks like a minon. It took some explaining to me that a minon is one of the little yellow people from despicable me.

It will be good to see all their projects and how they did.. and of coarse have my favorite fair treat. A corn dog... Yum! I purposely had a small lunch and no "snacks" to save room for my corn dog. Good thing there isn't anymore of this dessert in the fridge because it would surely be tempting me.

Ingredients

For the Base Layer:
  1 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 6 crackers)
 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

 For the Cream Cheese Layer:
6 ozs cream cheese, softened
1/8  cup sugar
 4 ozs whipped topping

For the Remaining Toppings:
2 bananas, sliced
10 oz (1/2 can) crushed pineapple, drained well
6-8 strawberries, sliced
4 ozs whipped topping
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Chocolate syrup
Maraschino cherries

Grease a 9X9 pan, and make room for it in the refrigerator. 

Chop up the graham crackers in your food processor. Mix with the melted butter with the graham crackers until they are fully coated. Press the mixture into the bottom of the dish. Put this layer in the fridge while you make the cream cheese filling.
















In a medium size bowl mix together the cream cheese and sugar. It will be easier if the cream cheese is softer. I left mine out on the table for awhile, but you could also put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.  Beat the sugar and cream cheese until it is light and fluffy. Add the whipped cream into the mixture and mix with a wooden spoon. When evenly combined spread on the graham cracker crust layer.
















Add the sliced up bananas.
















Add the pineapples, make sure and drain them well!
















Don't forget the strawberries, that you cut up! So many fruits this means its really good for you right :)
















Add the remaining whipped cream, decorate with the chocolate syrup, and top with the cherries.




Put in the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours... Once out of the fridge cut a piece and enjoy!

This recipe originally appeared on the brown eyed baker.

If you enjoyed this you may also enjoy
















Traditional Strawberry Shortcake

















Smore Cookie Bars

3 comments:

  1. This looks SO good!! I love a banana split, so I'm drooling over this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete